November 12, 2013

Suz- November 12 Update

Hi everyone. I made a little progress on my November Block: adding lace along the seams, which I'll embellish.
 this beautiful lace was created by Annet, and underlines Rose nicely





  two more laces frame the roses



I think subtle is the word for the remaining seams......















 On the wrapping cloth, piece #9 is progressing well.....

I made a fabric covered button, then added a pretty lace skirt......













this section has 6 pockets, and I wanted to entice the eye to examine those pockets .....

so I made 4 'treasures' to tuck inside

three are made with my wild fabric so the colours peek out through the lace and organza.....

the large pocket has a smaller cotton pocket inside

all the treasures are tacked onto the fabric so they can move, but not escape their pockets, and all have layers of buttonhole lace........

Piece # 9 is almost finished....... just 2 little seams to complete












and then I'll be on to piece # 10!

#10 is narrow....and short....perfect for filling in a little opening in the wrapping cloth

Progress is being made on the cable blanket, and the StitchMAP challenge mat. I'll show photos when they're finished.

Thanks for looking.
Happy stitching &

Hugs from Suz

6 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

Lace lace everywhere and so very pretty. Those pockets are fun too!

Cyra said...

Oh such a beautiful week from you Suz.
Lovely lace on the rose block (I really must have a go at 'real' lace making, with bobbins. It's on my to-do list)
#9 and #10 .... well .... wow!

Debra Spincic said...

Your wrapping cloth is turning into such a masterpiece. Who would have guessed at the beginning of this project how splendid it would become?

Judy S. said...

These are both so pretty! I can't wait to see each of them in their entirety.

Suztats said...

Thanks for the lovely comments!

cq4fun said...

Love the lace Annet did. That's just beautiful. The covered button and laced skirt is gorgeous!