November 19, 2013

Suz -- Just a Bit to Show

Although I've been knitting and stitching and frogging, I only have a bit of progress to show on my November block:
 First, the cast-on stitch rose was completed
 then I added some ribbon to the lace, weaving it through the design and embellishing with cast-on circles and french knots
then a wee double bow
and November looks almost finished to me.
What do you think?




I think I'll do a soft treatment just above the roses, then I shall put it aside until all the blocks are together, and decide then if more is needed.....



Thanks for looking.
Hugs from Suz

11 comments:

ladyhawthorne said...

I think it looks great and the piece you plan to add above the roses will finish it off very nicely!

Suztats said...

Thanks, Angela. I certainly have my share of lace on this block, right?

Judy S. said...

Suz, that cast-on rose is beautiful! It looks like quite a bit of stitching to me! Very pretty!

Suztats said...

Thanks Judy. It's quite small, and only about 7 or 8 stitches, but they are fun to do.

Debra Spincic said...

You know 'finished' is relative when it comes to CQ! Do you expect to have the blocks done by year's end?

Barbara C said...

Such pretty details!

Cyra said...

Yes it sure looks beautiful to me.
Love the delicate look to this block. Lots of lace is good in this case.

Suztats said...

I hope so, Debra, and to have them 'joined' together with lace, and ready for a backing..........at least, that's the plan... ;-)
Some would say it's not finished if there's any space left to embellish! ...lol....but I think I don't like CQ's that are that busy......I find them dizzying......but that's just my choice....lol

Suztats said...

:-D

Suztats said...

Thanks Cy. Well, since it's the theme (Lace and Roses) of my CQJP, I have to include some lace, right? lol I tried not to get too carried away, though.......but I do like how the lace seems to frame the roses in this block.

Debra Spincic said...

I must fall into the "no space left behind" crowd!