June 18, 2013

Suz- Late Update

Posting late today, but I made it! whew!
I've made some progress on my June block for CQJP 2013.


 cast-on roses, woven picot leaves, french knots and a seam in progress....
a closer look at those roses growing on the trellis fabric







There's a little bit more to do before this block is finished




Wrapping Cloth

 I found metal button replacements and used them to fashion my own buttons


I trimmed each one












and declared piece # 5 complete




















my naked piece # 6 is small,  about 9"x 16"





















 I tucked a wild prairie point beneath the curvy lace on netting, then added some buttonhole lace to the lace trim that tops the netted lace.......
 more buttonhole lace was added to each side of this thin, lace-covered wild strip


a curvy strip of wild fabric was placed beneath the patterned lace, then topped with a cascade of Josephine knot flowers. I added a skirt of broderie anglais and topped it with french knots to hold it in place......




 tatted lace on machine lace

layers of lace.......




Piece #6 is almost finished...........












maybe just a surprise or two to come........






Have a great week!


Hugs from Suz





10 comments:

cq4fun said...

Those bullion roses are gorgeous! I love the soft colors you used there. A pretty, soft block all the way around.

ladyhawthorne said...

It looks like you are having such fun with the layers and all on the wrapping cloths. I really admire your cq blocks, so very feminine.

Barbara C said...

Your cast on roses are just lovely, and the layering with bright fabrics in the wrapping cloth adds a lot of depth.

Createology said...

Hi Suz so good to read your post and see your progress. Love those roses on the trellis fabric. Your white work is stunning. Hope all is going well for your move. Safe Travels too...

margaret said...

what a great piece piece 5 is now itis complete and I know piece 6 will be equally as good.

Cyra said...

You sure have had a great stitching week Suz. Loving ALL the adornments and lacy trims. Everything is looking beautiful, gorgeous and just so scrummy I could hug it.

Debra Spincic said...

I agree, the little bits of color are like cherries on vanilla ice cream!

Debra Spincic said...

It's so fun to see some of the scraps I sent you come to life in this piece. I'm glad you have them for your creation! Such pretty work!

karen said...

wow you're here!! and so is your beautiful work...hello!! Hope the move is going smoothly x
http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

Anneliese said...

As always! I am delighted.