March 10, 2013

Suz-Update-Heart Block and CQJP

Hi everyone. I'm happy to report that we have internet and a working phone. Yay!
Not much to report this week, except a little work on the Sandy Hook Heart and my March block.

a row of cast on semi-circles
V's
buttons and french knots
herringbone, lazy daisy, and french knots
weaving

bullions
dark blue cord trim around the heart base

and the heart block is almost finished!

I hope to complete the stitching this weekend, add the backing and hangers, and get it off in the post Tuesday.




Since the theme for the heart block was to be children's toys, I've begun to add little, subtle stitched bits







bat and ball
starting a beach ball







a pipe blowing bubbles....right beside some bubble fabric











so the heart block now looks like this

how do the toys 'read'?

I plan to add a few more














CQJP March Block
I've just begun working on this block.
 a pretty piece of lace trim with ribbon woven through it
I added a few seed beads
added to the large lace rose sewn onto the block shows the little progress I've made so far. Good thing it's still early.

I'm looking forward to stitching some more seam embellishments!














If you'd like to see the mixed media completed during the "Use Your Words" workshop with Carolyn Dube, please   click here

thanks for visiting.
Hugs from Suz

17 comments:

Debra Spincic said...

Your various seam treatments on the heart are very good. They add so much texture to the heart.

I like your lace piece too. I am eager to make some lace on the embroidery machine this spring. I don't do much of it but when I do, I always like it. Your motif reminded me of that evergrowing To Do List!

ladyhawthorne said...

Oh that heart is wonderful. Bullions, french knots and so much more! I like the subtle toys too along with the children playing with jump-ropes and kites fabric.

Your lace rose is lovely, hat block is going to be beautiful.

Judy S. said...

Your heart looks great, Suz! Yours has a lot of toys, very cleverly added! Nice stitching, and I like the way you did the heart. Is it 3 dimensional? Mine got sent off yesterday......

Suztats said...

Thanks Debra. Wow. You have an embroidery machine?! Can't wait to see some of that lace!

Suztats said...

Thanks Angela--I'm glad you spotted the fabric with the children playing. I think I'll be adding building blocks, and a kite for more subtle toys.

Suztats said...

I sorta cheated and snuck them in there, didn't I? The heart is stuffed so it's raised from the block fabric. Off to check yours out again.

Debra Spincic said...

If you are nice, I might even send you some! *wink*

Cy said...

Hah! at the beginning of your post you say "not much to report", and then you give us all that lovely eye-candy.
Great job Suz. I am so happy for you (and us too) that you have your internet thing finally sorted out now.
Lovely theme on this block. I keep finding little hints of the toys when I look around, so I think you can add the "hide-and-seek" game to it as well, lol.

Suztats said...

:-D!

Suztats said...

I hadn't thought of hide-and-seek! Thanks Cy!

Suztats said...

0:-)

Suztats said...

I guess because I did the stitching over a couple weeks, but couldn't post my progress, it seemed as though I hadn't done much this week on the heart.

Cy said...

.....I spy with my little eye..........

cq4fun said...

Your heart block is lovely. I'm eying that herringbone and French knot part as a steal for the future. =) Love the lace bit on the March block. I look forward to seeing what you do in that area.

Suztats said...

;-)

Suztats said...

Steal away....thanks!

Stiching4fun said...

Suz, love all your stitching, bullion stitches(I haven't tried them yet)the little toys that you have stitched in......very nice!